Here is a brief overview of the job description attached below.
Working as part of the surface treatments team, this role includes chemical processing of various materials in line with the required specification and drawing requirements.
Working with different chemical processes such as cadmium plate, chrome plate, anodise, passivation and parco.
- Cleaning, preparation and masking of parts (degreasing, shot blasting etc).
- Loading parts onto relevant fixture or Jig.
- Chemical processing parts in-line with the relevant process.
- Ensure parts conform to drawings and are processed in the allotted timeframe.
- Inspection of parts both visually and manually using comparators, micrometre’s, elcometer.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate.
- Support the area in carrying out alternative tasks as required.
- Achieving area targets as identified by Production Management.
Experience and Qualifications
- Dependable, responsible contributor who is committed to excellence and success
- Good interpersonal skills (team worker)
- Prepared to follow procedures
- Eye for detail
- Target orientated
- NVQ in Engineering Manufacture or equivalent / Advanced Modern Apprenticeship
- Previous experience of working in an Engineering environment
- English language and Maths to GCSE Grade C or above
- Computer literate
- Experience in the use of standard measuring equipment Can demonstrate good numeric skills