Here is a brief overview of the job description attached below.
Snecma laboratory operative to assist in the cleaning of Snecma parts and processing of test pieces. This also involves filling in information onto Excel databases and making up reports for the test pieces. When Snecma parts/test pieces are not being processed the person would be expected to assist general laboratory operations (full training would be given).
- Damage removal from high priority aerospace components prior to cleaning in an ISO 8 cleanroom.
- Will need to wear a respirator and clean room suit for carrying out clean room operations. (For respirator for clean room use, clean shaven is essential for mask fit).
- Data management, inputting data into excel, organising and keeping track of component allocation and progress.
- Filling in standard template reports on aerospace components.
- Material testing and assisting other operatives as required.
- Working overtime when necessary to allow the team to meet deadlines.
Experience and Qualifications
- Computer literate, particularly Microsoft Office especially focussing on Microsoft excel.
- Quality driven.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Physical ability to lift components maximum 15kg to chest height.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Attention to detail regarding data entry.
- Good communication skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm for science / engineering.
- An understanding of general health and safety.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks.
- Experience of working in a clean room environment.
- Experience with visual inspection.
- Experience of working to quality standards against which they are audited.
- Health and Safety experience in a Laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with engineering drawings.
- Some engineering knowledge / background.