Here is a brief overview of the job description attached below.
Working as part of the assembly team this role involves operating hydraulic presses to assemble blank housings & spherical balls and then adjusting assembled parts to achieve the required fit using various adjust fit methods.
- Setting and running multiple hydraulic presses ranging from 60 tonne presses to 500 tonnes.
- Setting and running adjust fit presses ranging from 20 tonne presses to 60 tonnes.
- Using check fit & breakout torque inspection equipment.
- Using liquid nitrogen to freeze assemble components when applicable.
- Working with PTFE liner during the assembly method when applicable.
- Covering all assembly processes within the area – Rose swage, cup swage, stake & freeze assemble.
- Ensuing all tooling is correct and in good condition (die’s, ped tops, pedestals).
- Ensure parts conform to drawings and are processed in the allotted timeframe.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate.
- Support the area in carrying out alternative tasks as required.
- Achieving area targets as identified by Production Management.
Experience and Qualifications
- Dependable, responsible contributor who is committed to excellence and success
- Good interpersonal skills (team worker)
- Prepared to follow procedures
- Eye for detail
- Target orientated
- NVQ in Engineering Manufacture or equivalent / Advanced Modern Apprenticeship
- Previous experience of working in an Engineering environment
- English language and Maths to GCSE Grade C or above
- Computer literate
- Experience in the use of standard measuring equipment
- Can demonstrate good numeric skills