Here is a brief overview of the Job description attached below.
- Action required on Manufacturing Order Paperwork such as creating Manufacturing Orders, Split Batches, RBR, Manufacturing Test, Free Issue & Proving Orders, including control over BOM’s and routings to make best use of materials and capacity.
- Control the amendment of shop packet routings to allow for machine availability when requested. Including all sub-con to inhouse requests to allow for production off-load.
- Action quantity deviations (up or down), when the produced quantity differs to the original released order paperwork, including BOM amendment to reflect the correct material usage to avoid error generation within MAPICS.
- Perform BOM amendments, to control the use of pre-allocated materials and effective materials management.
- Use of the browser tool, to ensure that accurate routings and lead time adjustments are performed to allow for accurate plan generation.
- Ensure current Drawing Issues are available on file and booked to stock in both MAPICS and Browser, when released from the Design function once either a CI or re-drawn issue has been performed.
- Manage the MRP report for raw Material, Submit weekly call off instructions to material suppliers. Allocate and launch Manufacturing orders of stocked material and carry out effective management of ‘Can Be Made’ report and batch quantities.
- Timely release of all shop floor paperwork to ensure scheduled launch of WIP to match system start dates (inc. any hard copy Drawings & QIS’s), including drawing issue and clocking of first operation. Ensure shop packets are loaded to either Raw Material or Production stores.
- Carry out investigations into transaction anomalies and correct as required.
- Assist with accurate stocking and traceability of all products, through investigation into the system to identify any transaction errors. Where appropriate, amend stock quantities or highlight to the QA function for assistance.
- Timely response to MRP cancellations, by utilising JBSTP facility to halt production where agreed.
- Assist with the running of the annual stock take. Confirming that the correct information is completed on all stock take slips, ensuring that all WIP has been counted. Ensure collection of all slips and the entering of the data onto the stock take report. Once complete, any differences to current MAPICS data need to be executed.
- Support in the production store area when required
Experience and Qualifications
- Good Communication Skills,
- Computer and Data Literate,
- Basic Mathematics combined with Analytical & Logical approach, allowing for flexible methods of working.