Here is a brief overview of the job description attached below.
Process Technicians are involved at all stages of the manufacturing process, monitoring and improving the areas under their control.
Their job is to know this process in great detail as they will be responsible for identifying when the process is deviating from the norm and taking action to correct it or involve senior members of staff if/when they are not able to correct the problem.
A key feature of the role is to maintain accurate and clear documentation that proves that these processes are being carried out in accordance with both internal and external regulations. It is important that procedures are followed, but it is also important that it can be shown and proved that procedures were followed.
A Process Technician is also responsible for the gathering of data from their process and reporting it to senior staff members (typically an Engineer).
- Problem solving to ensure production can carry on; including Root, Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) and 5 Why’s.
- Process audits
- Statistical Analysis
- Process Improvements – Scrap / Rework / Downtime / Productivity
- Creating and maintaining documentation & specifications
- Training / validation
- Liaising with suppliers / sub-contractor
Experience and Qualifications
- Dependable, responsible contributor who is committed to excellence and success
- Good interpersonal skills (team worker)
- Prepared to follow procedures
- Eye for detail
- Target orientated
- NVQ in Engineering Manufacture or equivalent / Advanced Modern Apprenticeship
- CNC and Manual Grinding competence
- Previous experience with Super-finish and Polish/Rumble Shop operations. English language and Maths to GCSE Grade C or above